The United Arab Emirates is the goal and dream of many people, especially those lucky ones who have already visited it once. Emirates.Estate will tell you how to move to one of the most expensive and technologically developed cities in the world – Dubai.
Pros and cons for living in Dubai
Dubai, as one of the most developed cities in the world, has its undeniable advantages:
• High security level. Dubai ranks 8th in terms of security in the world with a security index of 82.96%. The system of public order protection here works at a pretty high level, thanks to which there is almost no crime in the UAE, and the government is corruption-free;
• High-tech urbanism and comfortable public spaces. Dubai is actually a city in the desert, so the air temperature here is appropriate. However, the government took care of this. For comfortable movement around the city there are many green spaces, parks, as well as shady places. Moreover, air conditioners are installed in all shops, cafes and other establishments, so you can move around the city even in hot weather;
• High salary – an average of 23.4 thousand AED ($ 6.37 thousand);
• No profit tax and property ownership;
• The possibility of buying properties in Dubai and owning real estate in freehold zones.
Among the disadvantages, we will highlight:
• Tough laws – the official religion in the country is Islam, accordingly, Sharia rules are applied here, and there are fairly strict laws (there is still a death penalty for certain offenses in the country);
• It is almost impossible to obtain citizenship, but there is a benefit – resident visas;
• High cost of living – on average, food, transport, rent/housing maintenance costs from $2.5-3 thousand per month.
As for employment, the legislation of Dubai strictly regulates the legal relationship between an employer and an employee. The employment contract must contain a clear list of the duties assigned to the employee, and the amount of salary. It is worth noting a pleasant fact: some companies pay for housing, tickets to their native country (once a year) and issue health insurance. After 1 year of working in the company, employees are entitled to a compensation package in the amount of 1 month’s salary.
How to move to Dubai
The first thing you need to take care of is getting a visa. After the 2018 amendments, upon arrival in Dubai, it became possible to obtain a 30-day visa for free. If it is necessary to stay for a longer period, it can be extended for another 30 days.
What are the reasons for obtaining a residence permit in Dubai:
• Working in a local company;
• Marrying a local resident;
• Creating your own company in the UAE;
• Getting a higher education at one of the universities in Dubai;
• Investing in a property in Dubai.
Let’s take a closer look at each of the above points.
Moving to Dubai through employment opportunities
To stay in the UAE, you will need to apply for a temporary work visa, attach a copy of the employment contract, a diploma of education and medical insurance. The employee’s flight is paid for at the company’s expense.
Upon arrival in Dubai, you will need to apply for a resident visa. Before submitting documents, it is important to pass a medical commission.
Important information! Pregnant and unmarried women are not issued a resident visa.
Weekends in the UAE and Dubai, respectively, are Friday (day of prayer) and Saturday.
Moving on the occasion of marriage with a local resident
Since the United Arab Emirates is a Muslim country, marriages are concluded here in accordance with Sharia rules. Local rich Arabs who are able to provide a decent standard of living can marry a girl of another faith. In case of divorce, the husband receives custody of the children. Minor children cannot leave the territory of the country without the permission of their parents.
Creating your own company
This method is one of the most popular with foreigners for obtaining a resident visa. Most often, businessmen and investors who are going to run their own business in Dubai use this way. A new company must work and conclude transactions, otherwise the visa will be quickly canceled. A significant advantage of this method is that the company’s activities are not taxed.
Getting a higher education in Dubai
A foreigner who is going to study at one of the higher educational institutions in Dubai can also count on obtaining a resident visa. To do this, the student must provide a confirmation from the institute that he is enrolled in the training program and has passed the mandatory English language proficiency test.
Visa for real estate investment
To get a resident visa for investing in property, you need to buy apartments in Dubai in the amount of $273 thousand. This is the basic purchase amount – you can use it to apply for a six-month visa. Part of the purchase can be paid with mortgage funds (up to 50% of the cost of property in Dubai).
A 5-year visa is issued for investments in Arab apartments in Dubai in the amount of $1.36 million, for 10 years – from $2.7 million.
When buying real estate in Dubai in special zones, the investor becomes the full owner of the property and can use it as he likes. However, in order to obtain a resident visa, ownership of the property must be maintained for 3 years.
Emirates.Estate will help clients buy flats in Dubai
Are you looking for the best houses in Dubai? Emirates.Estate specialists will select the ideal house in full accordance with your preferences, requirements and financial capabilities. The catalog on the website contains only the best offers from reliable owners at attractive prices. For advice on how to move to the United Arab Emirates, districts and real estate in Dubai, as well as on some features of concluding purchase and sale transactions, please contact the company’s managers.