Transport measurements from the 10th to the 12th of October 2019
Information about the transport changes related to the funeral ceremony, the Signal Festival and the football match Czech Republic – England.
Transport measurements during the funeral ceremony in Žofín
- Visitors to the funeral ceremony on Friday 11th October, are advised to use the Line B (yellow) with exit at Národní třída station and with a walking distance of approximately 10 minutes to Slovanský Ostrov. When leaving, use the Karlovo náměstí station.
- Line number 17 will be diverted from 5.00 to 24.00 through the Staroměstská – Národní divadlo – Národní třída – Myslíkova – Jiráskovo náměstí stops.
- On the tram, expect delays and irregularities with lines going to the National Theater (2, 9, 17, 18, 22 and 23).
- Metro services will boost on all routes between 7.00 and 24.00.
- We advise passengers using public transport on Friday to go to their destinations a little earlier and preferably to take the subway than the tram.
- Individual transport drivers are urged to avoid the area of the National Theater and the adjacent bridges.
Transport measurements during the Signal Festival 2019
- As part of the event, an evening laser projection on the Vltava River, near the National Theater building, will take place from Thursday 10th October to Sunday 13th October 2019. We recommend the visitors to take the “green line A of Prague metro” with exit at the Staroměstská station or the “yellow line B of the Prague metro” with exit at the Národní třída station.
- Trams will be excluded on the adjacent Legion Bridge on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, from 7 pm to midnight.
- Line 22 will divert via the Staroměstská stop and line 9 via the Jiráskovo náměstí stop.
Transport measurements during the football match with England
- Visitors of the Sinobo Stadium (Arena Eden) football match on Friday 11th October, are advised to use the “green line A of the Prague metro” with the exit at Želivského or Strašnická stations, with a walking distance of approximately 10 minutes to the stadium.
- After the end of the match (at around 23:00) the tram and bus services at Slavia stop will be boosted for a short time. We recommend a short walk to both the nearest metro stations.
- We emphasize the lack of parking spaces around the stadium.
Transport measurements during the funeral ceremony at the Prague Castle Cathedral
Visitors to the funeral ceremony on Saturday 12th October 2019 are advised to take the tram lines 22 and 23 from the Malostranská metro station to Brusnice or Pohořelec.