Albertov and Národní třída in Prague are symbols of November 17th and this year they will become essential places to celebrate the 30th anniversary of the beginning of the Velvet Revolution.
The Freedom Festival, as the citizens’ initiative calls the set of events, will occur on Sunday 17 November in Albertov and then follow up with a series of other events. See what happens and where.
A memorial procession on the route of the student manifestation on 17 November 1989. It is organized by the Freedom Festival initiative and ART Prometheus.
- When: November 17, starts at 14:30 on Albertov for approximately 2.5 hours.
- Route: Albertov – Na Slupi – Přemyslova – In the Fortress – the circuit at Vyšehrad – In the Fortress – Vratislavova – Vnislavova – Subway railway bridge at Výtoň- Rašínovo Embankment – Masarykovo Embankment – ends at Národní třída.
Free November: Commemorating November 17 at Albertov
Meetings of academics, students and citizens, concerts, discussions, presentations of student activities. Organized by: Center of Associations, Students and Graduates of Charles University.
- When: November 17, starts at 9:00 until 14:30 approximately.
During the day, student clubs will present their activities at Albertov, several discussions will take place, and there will be a chance to see a unique exhibition of 17 stories of 17 November from 17 faculties of Charles University.
Satirical parade of masks, performers and musicians through the centre of Prague. Organized by: FORUM association
- When: November 17, starts at 14:00 at Kampa for approximately 3.5 hours.
- Route: Kampa – Maltese Square – Charles Bridge – Smetana Embankment – Národní třída – Na Perštýně – Jilská – Old Town Square – Celetná – Hybernská (ending in the courtyard of the Hybernská Campus).
A multimedia exhibition in a unique space in Letná. Organized by Shoah Memorial Prague o.p.s.
- Where: Letná Plain (opposite Generali Arena)
- Opening hours: 10:00 – 18:00. Open until the end of November.
The memory of a Nation: 1989
Projection and light installation on Národní třída
- Where: Národní třída
- When: November 17, at 17:00, 18:45 or 20:00
This year’s memory of the nation is preparing a stunning light installation and projection at Národní třída. Light, sound, atmosphere, but mainly stories related to the anniversary of the Velvet Revolution. The screening is presented by Memory of Nation in collaboration with 3dsense and the association Díky, že můžem.
Nation Memory Awards
The award ceremony for personalities who have shown in their lives honour, freedom and human dignity. Organized by: Post Bellum, o.p.s.
- Where: National Theater
- When: November 17, at 20:00
ČT2, STV and ČRo Plus will broadcast the National Memory Awards live
This year’s laureates are Władysław Frasyniuk (Poland), László Regéczy-Nagy (Hungary), Dietrich Koch (Germany), Dalma Špitzerová (Slovakia) and Miroslav Hampl (Czech Republic).
Concert for the future
Concerts and speeches on Wenceslas Square. Organized by: Nerudný fest.cz
- When: November 17, 16:30 – 22:00
- Performers: Mig 21, Tata Bojs, Buty, Vypsaná fiXa, Aneta Langerová, Vltava, Už jsme doma, Lenka Dusilová, Matěj Ruppert, Poletíme?, Bára Zmeková, Thom Artway, František Černý and Karel Holas from Čechomor, Circus Brothers or Skety.
- Speakers: William Luers (USA), Michael Žantovský, Šimon Pánek, Jiří Přibáň, Václav Malý, Petr Pavel, Jan Kysela, Nora Fridrichová, Lída Rakušanová, Eva Dudová, Anna Hogenová, Lucie Smolková, Tomáš Halík, Jáchym Topol, Martin Mejstřík, Hynek Čermák, David Klimeš and Rosťa and Šimon Novák.
Great street party in Národní třída. Organized by: Association Díky, že můžem.
- Where: Národní třída
- When: November 17, 10:00 – 22:00 outdoors / followed by concerts at Rock Café and FAMU Club
Throughout the day there will be a rich program on several stages and the street, in addition to concerts and theatres, exhibitions, children’s program, lectures and workshops.