The official first day of Summer is still yet to come but the temperature outside screams summertime already.
We all know that feeling of summer in the city – long sunny days, late nights out, kilos of ice-cream…
But for people living in the city, the summer season can be a pretty nightmare.
But what to do in summer in the city if we still want to leave an active lifestyle but not locking ourselves in air-conditioned gyms? Yes, we can try to wake up early in the morning or try it out later in the evening at the park, but we have a better option – swimming!
Swimming is not just an amazing workout for the body but has also several benefits for your physical and mental health. While exercising in the water, you can enjoy a nice summer sun, get some tan, play some water games with friends. Because outdoor swimming pools are simply fun!
Prague has several swimming pools both indoor and outdoor. For the summer season, we pick outdoor ones because let’s be honest who would like to spend time inside these days.
- Podolí swimming pool
- Address: Podolská 74, 140 00 Prague 4
- Opening hours: daily 6-21:45
- Divoká Šárka swimming pool
- Address: Divoká Šárka 8/2, 164 00 Prague 6
- Opening hours: daily 8-21
- Petynka swimming pool
- Address: Otevřená 1072/4, 169 00 Prague 6
- Opening hours: Daily 7-21
- Hostivař reservoire
- Address: K Jezeru 1, 100 00 Prague 10
- Opening hours: Daily 9-22
- Džban reservoir
- Address: Nad lávkou 5, 160 00 Prague 6
- Opening hours: Daily 9-21
- SK Motorlet Praha
- Address: Radlická 298/150, 150 00 Prague 5
- Opening hours: Opening hours different every day. Check on the website!
- Biotop Radotín swimming-baths
- Address: K Lázním 9, 153 00 Prague 5
- Opening hours: Daily 9-20