If your day doesn’t start until you’re up to speed on the latest headlines, then let us introduce you to our new morning fix.
- President Milos Zeman should stay in the Central Military Hospital (UVN) care, doctor Tomas Zima said today, admitting that Zeman might leave UVN for a short period of time to appoint Petr Fiala (Civic Democrats, ODS) as the Czech prime minister-designate.
- The government in resignation of ANO and the Social Democrats (CSSD) will meet again on Friday to decide on the wording of its extraordinary decision on tougher anti-epidemic measure amid the surging coronavirus epidemic in Czechia.
- Czech online food retailer Rohlik plans to launch services in the first half of 2022 in Italy and Romania, and later in the year also in Spain. In those markets, the Rohlik will operate “sezamo” brands.
- A former Charter 77 signatory, an Auschwitz survivor, a former scout in the anti-communist resistance and a man jailed for trying to flee the communist regime were honoured on Wednesday evening at the National Theatre in Prague.
- Car production in the Czech Republic fell by 47 percent year on year in October due to outages caused by a lack of chips, and 68,202 passenger cars were produced. A total of 899,855 cars were produced this year.
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!