If your day doesn’t start until you’re up to speed on the latest headlines, then let us introduce you to our new morning fix.
- The new coalition of ODS, KDU-CSL and TOP 09 and of the Pirates/Mayors and Independents (STAN) is prepared to assume responsibility for the government of the Czech Republic immediately. The ODS chairman and leader of the election-winning Together coalition, Fiala, will present the list of nominees for the future ministers on Wednesday.
- The future cabinet will bring a shift to the country’s farm policy by capping EU subsidies and focusing on small and medium-sized farms, effectively putting an end to the EU subsiding large agricultural companies, something the outgoing government of Prime Minister Andrej Babiš fought hard in the past years to ensure.
- The US Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) has advised Americans not to travel to the Czech Republic, Hungary and Iceland due to the sharp increase in coronavirus infections in those countries. As for the necessary route, the CDC recommends that American citizens be fully vaccinated against Covid-19 before visiting these countries.
- Prague Castle has been ranked among the most “Instagram-friendly” of their kind, a Stokemont study found. Looking at the number of hashtags used on the popular social media platform, researchers crowned Versailles, followed by Neuschwanstein Castle and Prague Castle (691,000 hashtags).
- The spokeswoman for the Czech Environment Ministry, Petra Roubíčková announced on Tuesday that another Polish draft agreement regarding the lignite mine in Turów was not accepted and the proposal should be discussed with the parties forming the new Czech government.
Facebook Notice for EU! You need to login to view and post FB Comments!