Establishments forced to close due to anti-coronavirus measures should receive compensation from the state of 400 CZK per employee or a cooperating self-employed person per day.
The Covid – Gastro program was approved by the government on Monday, said Minister of Industry and Trade Karel Havlíček (Social Democrats). In addition to restaurants, also retailers, hairdressers, and casinos will be eligible for support.
Restaurateurs will also be able to ask for state support, for example, for the wife, who works in the business. It will be possible to combine this state support with other support programs (Antivirus + Covid Rent II).
The state will provide support to entrepreneurs whose activities were limited or suspended between October 14 and January 10, and its amount will be recalculated according to the number of days when they had to close their facilities due to government restrictions.
However, the Ministry of Industry and Trade (MIT) will not compensate for public holidays or those days when the restrictions have been temporarily relaxed.
The Ministry has not yet published the date from which it will be possible to request compensation or details regarding the submission of applications.
Subsidy program called Covid – Gastro is intended to help the gastronomy sector, with the government earmarking a total of CZK 2.5 billion from the state budget for the program.
Eligible business activities are:
- Restaurants and bars;
- Music, dance, game and similar social clubs and discos;
- Concerts and other musical, theatrical, film performances;
- Wedding organizers;
- Circuses and variety shows;
- Organizing pilgrimages and similar traditional events;
- Congresses and other educational events;
- Gambling and betting activities;
- Organization of trade fairs;
- Operation of indoor sports facilities, gyms and fitness centers, artificial swimming pools, wellness facilities;
- Hairdressers and beauty salons;
- Museums, galleries, exhibition spaces, castles, chateaux and similar historical or cultural objects, observatories and planetariums,