Saint Patrick’s Day is a celebration in honour of the patron saint of Ireland, Saint Patrick. The day of celebration marks the day of Saint Patrick’s death, originally the event was meant to celebrate the arrival of Christianity in Ireland. It has evolved into a mostly cultural celebration of Irish heritage marked with a day of drinking, green clothing, and Irish-themed parades. Large-scale St Patrick’s day celebrations have become a tradition in many cities around the world, but have only gained popularity in Prague in recent years.
Saturday, March 16
- NÁPLAVKA STREET FOOD (10.00 a.m. – 6.00 p.m.) Street food festival at Smíchovská (Hořejší) embankment with Irish specialities and a Jameson bar, cca 60 stands
- DANCING HOUSE (11.00 a.m. – 10.00 p.m.). Viewpoint – great drink and view of Prague / Greening of Dancing House
- HALL 17, Holešovice market (3.00 -10.00 p.m.) Welcome drink Jameson Ginger, stand-up performances – Richie Bree, Johm Colleary; tattoo and barber services, Irish refreshment, an exhibition, Travis O‘ Neill
- ROCK CAFÉ (7.00 p.m. – 02.00a.m.) – Welcome drink Jameson Ginger; Underground Comedy, The Wild Roots, Cheers – admission fee CZK150
- 36 UNDERGROUND (9.30 p.m. – 05.00 a.m.) – headliner – DJ Marcus O’Laiore, Melvin Coxx, SNBM, Enrico, Michael C, and others. Admission fee: CZK100. VIP room.
Sunday, March 17
- The peak of the festival will be the St Patrick parade through the city center which will start at Kampus Hybernská at 3 p.m.
- Kampus Hybernská – programme4.00 p.m. mini-lessons of Celtic languages (Irish, Scottish Gaelic)7.30 p.m. Conamara Chaos concert