Exercising outdoors in the summer season is a great solution for those of you that don’t want to be locked in a gym or any fitness studio. Outdoor exercising can provide you added value like being in the open space with fresh air, but it can also help boost your mental health and reduce depression and anger.
Another big plus is you actually save money. Outdoor gyms are mostly free or very low cost. Forget expensive air-condition gyms and switch it for fresh air and vitamin D. The only thing you need is a pair of trainers and your training clothes. With the number of outdoor gyms in Prague, you can change your place of exercise very easily and avoid your everyday boring routine in the same environment as your gym.
Why don’t we enjoy summer warm days fully and change indoor activities for outdoor for a while?
Of course, outdoor exercising comes with some limitations in terms of your usual gym training. The basic features you can find in an outdoor gym are horizontal, vertical or oblique bars. But you can easily get a full-body workout with simple stations following exercises as pull-ups, press-ups, squats, push-ups, dips, lunges, step-ups just to name a few. Are you ready for your bodyweight workout?
Check our list of places around the city with an outdoor gym:
- Street Workout Park Riegrove Sady
- Riegrovy sady 28, 120 00 – Vinohrady
- Street workout park Žizkov
- Seifertova 561/45, 130 00 Praha 3 – Žižkov
- Street Workout Park Prosek
- Litvínovská 592/12, 190 00 Praha 9 – Prosek
- Street Workout Park K Červenému vrchu
- K Červenému vrchu, 160 00 – Praha 6
- Street Workout Park Papírenská
- Papírenská, 160 00, Praha 6 – Bubeneč
- Street Workout Park Pankrác
- Milevská 834/6, Praha 4 – Podolí
- Street Workout Park Palmovka
- Pod Plynojemem, Praha 8 – Libeň
- Street Workout Park Stromovka
- Vystavište 67, 170 00, Praha 7- Holešovice
- Street Workout Park Podivnní
- Podvinný mlýn, 190 00 Praha 9 – Libeň
- Street Workout Park Folimanka
- Folimanka Pak, 120 00 Praha 2 – Vinohrady
- Yellow Gym Žluté lázně
- Podolské nábř. 3, 140 00 Praha 4 – Podolí
Author: Veronika Gondova from GoFit.io