Wine lovers rejoice! The LÁHVE store in Prague is expanding the geography of its assortment: Spain now joins France, Italy, Austria, Germany and the Czech Republic.
The added location means customers have access to 36 brands of Spanish wines (11 white and 25 red).
LÁHVE remained faithful to its concept – to offer customers high-quality wines from the middle price segment.
An illustrative example: to select the 36 brands, the store formed a tasting committee which evaluated 120 samples from Spanish winemakers. Only 30% of the submissions were lucky enough to hit the shelves.
The tasting committee consisted of five people — two professional sommeliers and three wine connoisseurs with many years of experience.
All employees of the store also participated in the tasting in order to have a personal idea of the wines sold.
– the tasting committee consisted of five people – two professional sommeliers and three wine connoisseurs with many years of experience. All employees of the store also participated in the tasting in order to have a personal idea of the wines sold;
– wines were tested in ascending order of value;
– at the first stage, the samples were evaluated according to three key parameters: appearance (visual analysis), aroma and taste. For each of them, the taster gave a separate assessment;
– an intermediate result was summed up. Some controversial samples were tasted in a second round, after which they sifted out unused wines;
– at the second stage of selection, the price was assessed: will it meet the expectations of buyers or not. Samples with a poor balance of price and overall beverage experience were weeded out;
– the role of professional sommeliers was not only in the tasting itself, but also in making a short introduction regarding the characteristics of grape varieties and the style of winemaking in Spain,
As a result, 36 really high-quality and tasty Spanish wines at very attractive prices (from 129 CZK) now appear on LÁHVE shelves. They represent four regions of Spain – Valencia, Zaragoza, Castile-Leon and Rioja.
In the coming days, Spanish wines will be available for delivery through the online service Everli.
- Address: Českomoravská 2517/13, Praha, Libeň (see on the map)
- Monday-Thursday – from 11:00 to 19:00
- Friday – from 11:00 to 20:00
- Saturday – from 10:00 to 14:00
- Sunday – closed
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!