On May 12, visitors will have a chance not just to see individual historical buildings and temporary exhibitions for free. In addition to the traditional routes, this year, as part of the 100th anniversary celebrations of the establishment of the Republic, you can also exceptionally visit the representative rooms, exhibitions and permanent expositions.
This year, you can exceptionally visit the following temporary exhibitions for free – Through the Labyrinth of Czech History at the Imperial Stables, a Hint of Statehood at the Riding Hall, the Renaissance of Prague Castle at the Theresian Wing and the Jože Plečnik 1996 Exhibition in the area under the tower in the south garden.
From 9.00 a.m. to 6.00 p.m. one can visit for free:
- Old Royal Palace incl. Vladislav Hall
- Cathedral of St Vitus, Wenceslaus and Adalbert
- St George Basilica
- Golden Lane (+its expositions)
- Representative halls and lounges on the 1st floor of the New Royal Palace
- Temporary exhibitions – Through the Labyrinth of Czech History, Elements of Statehood, The Restoration of Prague Castle, Plečnik’s Renovation of Prague Castle
- A festival of brass orchestras will be held at the 3rd courtyard; children can look forward to an accompanying programme incl. training of predators.