- President Petr Pavel started working from his new office at Prague Castle on Monday. He had been working from Prague’s Hrzánský Palace while his office was being inspected and prepared. The president said he had ordered a thorough inspection to make sure that there were no listening devices installed.
- The Regional Court in Plzen has sent a 36-year-old Czech man to five and a half years in prison for supporting and inciting terrorism and violence. In a post on Facebook last year the man criticized the law on pandemics and incited viewers to take to the streets and bring down the political elite, calling for the elimination of senators, MPs and government ministers.
- Eating disorders in teenagers increased by almost two-thirds between 2016 and 2021, according to data provided by Czech health officials. The number of teenagers between 15 and 19 suffering from an eating disorder went up from 1,450 in 2016 to 2,383 in 2021. Overall, nearly eight per cent of the young population is now affected by anorexia or bulimia.
- The Israeli embassy in the Czech Republic will join the general strike announced by unions in Israel today over controversial judicial reforms, and will thus not provide usual consular services, only dealing with urgent cases, Petra Mohylova from the embassy’s press department told CTK.
- An official delegation from the Czech Republic, headed by speaker of the Chamber of Deputies, Markéta Pekarová Adamová, arrived in Taiwan on Saturday on a five-day visit aimed at boosting mutual ties between the two states.
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!