- Prague City Council has agreed to provide funds for 130 projects to improve the environment in Prague. A total of CZK 40 million will go to public greenery, ecological education, or schemes to protect endangered species.
- The number of foreigners studying at universities in Czechia has been steadily increasing; 18% of students were foreign nationals in 2022, according to data released by the Czech Statistical Office (CSU) today. The share of foreign students at universities in the Czech Republic has increased by an average of 3% a year over the past decade.
- Czech lower house head Marketa Pekarova Adamova (TOP 09) arrived in the United States yesterday, leading a delegation of representatives of the Chamber of Deputies and Czech businessmen. The trip will last until 26 May.
- The state budget expenditure for last year’s elections amounted to CZK 959 million, as voters chose their representatives to municipal authorities and one-third of the Senate. Political parties received another CZK 575 million from the budget. A year earlier, the elections cost the state budget CZK 672 million.
- Meteorologists have issued a storm and high wind warning for Tuesday. The warning of torrential rain, hailstones and high winds pertains to Southern Bohemia, Moravia and Silesia between midday and 8pm. There is a risk of small streams overflowing and underpasses and cellars flooding.
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!