- Prague City Councillors approved the issue of a tender for a contractor to oversee the transformation of the central space of the Nová Palmovka Centre in Prague 8, which is intended as a new centre for European space research. The capital is preparing a project for the Ministries of Transport and Finance.
- Prague councillors have approved an increase in funding to increase road safety, to more than CZK 97 million. More than 140 investments are planned, which include road improvements, reconstruction of intersections, speed bumps, lighting of pedestrian crossings and improvement of cycling infrastructure.
- The Society for the Slav Epic in Prague has called on the city’s mayor, Bohuslav Svoboda, not to place the cycle of Alfons Mucha’s paintings in the Savarin Palace near Wenceslas Square, which is being renovated. The city is negotiating placing the cycle in the building with the painter’s heir John Mucha, with a view to ending a dispute over its ownership.
- President Petr Pavel visited a session of the lower house of Czech Parliament on Tuesday for the first time since his election at the end of January. He said the government and the opposition should agree on strategic priorities such as education, security and a value-added economy.
- Taiwanese Foreign Minister Joseph Wu began his second visit to the Czech Republic on Tuesday. On the agenda is a meeting with the President of the Senate, Miloš Vystrčil, an unofficial dinner with the Speaker of the lower house, Markéta Pekarová Adamová, and a security conference organised by the European Values Organisation on Wednesday.
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!