- Water outages will affect residents of Prague 4, 8, 9, 10, and 21 until June 11th due to planned repairs by the Prague Water and Sewerage Company. Replacement supply will be provided based on customer requests and by providing a tanker with drinking water according to traffic and technical possibilities.
- The 10th nuclear reactor in Czechia was launched on Tuesday by the Faculty of Nuclear and Physical Engineering at Prague’s Czech Technical University, to be used for teaching and research. The new VR-2 is the university’s second nuclear reactor. Six of the eight other reactors in Czechia are operated by the energy giant ČEZ, while the remaining two are run by a research centre in Řež.
- More than half of Czech households grow their own fruit and vegetables; for a fifth of them, their homegrown produce is an important source of food, comparable to what they buy from stores. This follows from data provided by the Czech Social Science Archive to researchers from the SYRI National Institute.
- President Petr Pavel appointed three new judges to the Constitutional Court at Prague Castle. Former Supreme Administrative Court head Josef Baxa, constitutional law professor Jan Wintr, and former head of the Judges Union Daniela Zemanova became the first members of the Constitutional Court selected by Pavel after his inauguration.
- Tennis player Karolína Muchová has advanced to the semifinals of the French Open for the first time in her career. The 26-year-old beat Russia’s Anastasia Pavlyuchenkova 7:5, 6:2 in the quarterfinals on Tuesday. She will next face either the Belarusian Aryna Sabalenkova or Ukrainian Elina Svitolina on Thursday.
Support Prague Morning!
We are proud to provide our readers from around the world with independent, and unbiased news for free.
Our dedicated team supports the local community, foreign residents and visitors of all nationalities through our website, social media and newsletter.
We appreciate that not everyone can afford to pay for our services but if you are able to, we ask you to support Prague Morning by making a contribution – no matter how small 🙂 .
Subscribe for our daily news
FOLLOW US ON FACEBOOK!