As of today, 27 December, the Czech Republic moves into the 5th level of the PES anti-epidemic system. The government has therefore approved the corresponding more stringent measures, to apply until 10 January 2021.
As a result, the night curfew, which will now start at 9 pm, has been extended again. All shops and services, including dispensing windows, will have to close at this time, and the government has again placed significant restrictions on them; once more, only defined basic types of retail goods and services will be allowed.
Religious services will be allowed for up to 10% of seat capacity. Ski lifts will close.
However, the government made several exceptions for services deemed to be essential:
- Food shops, including supermarkets and grocery stores
- Drugstores (selling hygiene products and cosmetics)
- Shops selling electrical household appliances
- Petrol stations (and other fuels)
- Pharmacies and shops selling glasses and contact lenses
- Pet shops and stores selling animal supplies
- Newsagents and tobacco shops
- Flower shops
- Household items (except furniture, carpets and other floor coverings);
- Goods for gardening
- Tickets for public transport.
It is forbidden to work for enterprises in the service sector (hairdressing salons, massage parlors, tattoo parlors, etc.). However, the list of services available includes:
- Car services and car washes
- Laundries and dry cleaners
- Grooming salons
- Collection points (ex. zasílkovna and others)
- Service centers for the repair of computer, mobile phone, electronics, and household appliances
- Real estate agencies offices
- Accounting and tax consultants offices
The full text of the judgment in Czech is available here.